It is one of the most common facial deformities found in inborn children affecting worldwide. It involves incomplete formation of upper lip – cleft lip or roof of the mouth – cleft palate. Both the conditions may occur individually or together at a time. Cleft lip and palate surgery in Islamabad and Rawalpindi is playing diverse role in repairing these defects. The surgical procedure depends on severity of the condition and treats one or both the sides of mouth.
Results and Benefits:
Having years of experience in cosmetic surgery, COSMESURGE brings about very natural looking results. The surgery joins and corrects enough tissues and lip in the mouth area properly. A narrow opening or gap separating two sides of upper lip is surgically corrected with improved ability to speak, breathe and eat. The scars located on normal contours of face will always be present for life.
- Enhances facial functionality
- Transforms aesthetic appearance
- Removes visible signs of cleft palate
- Relieves from all pain and discomfort
- Improves speaking and eating abilities
- Increases lost self-confidence and self-esteem
- Corrects deformity of lip and nose caused by cleft
Who Is Candidate?
Male and female genders with any degree of cleft lip and palate surgery can be selected for candidacy. You are suitable candidate for the surgery if:
- You are in good overall health
- Your speech is not clear by birth
- You are between 6-12 months of age
- You have real expectations for surgery
- You want to refine the appearance of lip
- You want to improve functionality of mouth
Aim of Treatment:
Cleft lip and palate surgery aims to help the patients in swallowing, breathing, eating and speaking by closing abnormal opening between mouth and nose. Beside this, the treatment is also coming forward with the major goal of correcting development and functionality of associated structures of mouth.
Technique We Use:
The surgery can be challenging since only some surgeons have extensive experience performing this specialized procedure. Treatment is individualized to each patient. One child with cleft lip and palate may under different type of surgical procedure than the other child. Time needed to carry out cleft lip palate surgery in Islamabad and Rawalpindi depends on severity of cleft and health of baby. Steps involved are:
- Child is administered under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. This will be selected by the surgeon after executing severity of cleft.
- Anesthesia is applied so that patient doesn’t feel any kind of discomfort during the surgery.
- Incisions are created on the sides of cleft and drawn together for closing the cleft. This creates typical anatomy of nose and lip.
- Following the procedure, muscles and tissues of hard d soft palate are repositioned to rebuild the roof of mouth.
- Once the cleft has repaired, the surgeon uses absorbable or removable sutures for closing off the incisions.
Parents are requested to show much care for their child. Your baby is restricted to move hands on treated area as it can disturb the healing process. Sutures for closing incisions dissolve themselves or require removal within 5 days. A visible scar will be left behind after the surgery which appears red, swollen or bruised. It fades as the child gets older. During first few months scar shrinks pulling the lip back and it can take years to settle into final appearance.
Schedule A Free Consultation:
If you or your child has a congenital deformity, visit Cosmesurge International Hospital in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Peshawar for knowing about treatment options. Our expert surgeon in collaboration with team performs cleft palate and cleft lip surgery under general or sedation anesthesia to rebuild the mouth and create a more attractive facial appearance. To book your appointment, fill in the consultation form.