One of the most common cosmetic surgeries is Hair Transplant. With technological advancements in hair transplant techniques, the number of people turning to them has greatly increased. The majority of these people often do an extensive study into the procedure and anticipated outcomes of hair transplant surgery. However, aftercare is frequently overlooked.
In this blog post, you will learn about how to take good care of yourself when you get hair transplant surgery. It includes Do and Don’ts after Hair Transplant. So, take a moment and read the following details.
Aftercare Instructions for Hair Transplant
When you get a hair transplant surgery, it is very important to take good care of your treated area. There are a few things that are necessary to do after the procedure. Here are some general do’s and don’ts to follow after a hair transplant surgery:
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions: It is important to follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully to ensure the best possible results.
- Use ice packs – Do apply ice just above the eyebrows to help prevent swelling, which typically occurs on the 3rd or 4th day after the surgery.
- Take any prescribed medications: Be sure to take any prescribed medications as directed to help with pain and swelling. The practitioner will prescribe you some painkillers and antibiotics for preventing complications.
- Keep your head elevated: To help reduce swelling, try to keep your head elevated above your heart. During your bedtime, your head should be at 90 degrees, and do not sleep in the treated area. Sleep flat on your tummy or side, or rub your new hairline against a pillow.
- Protect your scalp from the sun: Wear a hat or use sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your scalp from the sun. Do not go out in direct sunlight, it can harm the treated area.
- Gently wash your hair: When you do wash your hair, be gentle and use a mild shampoo. It would be best if you use recommended shampoo which must be free of chemicals.
- Avoid strenuous activity: Avoid any strenuous activity that may cause increased blood flow to your head. You must avoid being sweaty because it can also harm the treated area.
- Avoid styling products: Avoid using any styling products, such as gels or mousses, for at least a week after the surgery. Also, if you want to dye your hair, do not apply any chemicals without asking your practitioner.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing your scalp: To prevent any damage to the transplanted hair, avoid scratching or rubbing your scalp. Otherwise, it can introduce infections, wounds and bacteria.
- Avoid exposing your scalp to extreme temperatures: Avoid exposing your scalp to extreme heat or cold, as this can cause damage to the transplanted hair.
- Avoid smoking or alcohol: it is strictly not allowed to smoke tobacco or drink alcohol. It can internally damage the cells of hair growth and can lead to hair loss again.
- Avoid blood thinning medication: if you were taking blood thinning medication before the surgery, do not take these medications like aspirin after the hair transplant. It can cause bleeding and can lead to several types of problems.
By following these guidelines, you can help ensure the best possible results from your hair transplant surgery.
The Bottom Line!
Therefore, Hair transplant surgery is a highly efficient, minimally invasive technique that can significantly improve your life. We hope that you will benefit the most from hair restoration as a result of our advice. Contact Cosmesurge Hospital if you have any additional inquiries about hair transplants. They are highly experts and give you satisfying output.